Saturday 1 March 2008

Episode 22 now available to download

Featuring poetry from Joe Hakim and Kayo Chingonyi.

Joe, from Hull, I've seen a couple of times around on the poetry circuit and has a very strong performance style and poetic content, this single poem from him, I think showcases his work, but I have a few more of his poems and will put out a few together in a future show. Joe tells me he has also been signed to Apples and Snakes as part of their 'Incubate' programme and is playing the Latitude festival in July as well .

Kayo, who also contributes this episodes interview, had me in tears with a poem of his, when I saw him at an event, nearly two years ago. Kayo, a winner of the Rise Poetry Slam in 2003, has been working hard with his poetry and delivers in a sensual style, what can only be described as heartfelt tales. Keep an eye out for this boy.

More info on Joe can be had at www.thisisull.com

www.myspace.com/joehakimrecordings.

and you can find more about Kayo at http://www.myspace.com/requiem87

No comments: