Thursday 20 March 2008

Interviewing George Ttoouli

George is the Education Projects Co-ordinator for the Poetry Society and sat down with me yesterday to conduct an interview. A charming and well spoken young man, George is involved with some very high profile, and very important projects that the Poetry Society runs. Rise, Foyles Young Poet and Poets in Schools, all aimed at increasing appreciation and awareness of poetry to young people. George comes across as quite passionate about this subject and, in my opinion, shows us that it's not enough to sit down and write good poetry for poetry to survive, but hard work behind the scenes, organising, lobbying government and hard work that will keep a thriving appreciation of poetry and poets for the future.

I'm going to do a quick edit of the interview, and get it out early (pushing back some of the other interviews and poets I've got lined up) because I think this is the most worthy piece I've recorded yet.

No comments: