Saturday 23 February 2008

The Bowery, New York

Just back from my trip to New York, and got a chance to read at a night at the Bowery, which is downtown Manhattan. near Houston and The Bowery - and is a rather cool venue, it's got a large bar and stage at the rear of the shop-front, and hosts two or three events a night there. I was lucky to be able to do a short slot, and will put it out as part of the podcast at some point, possibly the birthday episode. The crowd there were something else - very reactive, very vocal and very friendly - I got invited to a couple of more nights of poetry, but for a lack of time, I would have done more.

I definitely want to go back to the big Apple, with just a plan of doing some poetry gigs and nights, I met some great people, and if I can get them interested in doing something for the podcast, I'd be up for that too.

No comments: