Saturday 21 June 2008

From the Royal Festival Hall

I have a new toy.

My Macbook Pro arrived last week, and after a fun filled weekend of loading all the software I need onto it, syncing it with the three other computers I have, and buying it a lovely protective bag - today is the first day I've taken it out on the road.

I'm here at the RFH to interview Naomi Woodis and Richard Rathwell, Naomi has been on the show previously, with a recording of a poem she did for the National Gallery Podcast - an opportunity for a number of poets to write about the gallery, when it was closed for the evening. The work produced by the poets was interesting and enlightening. I have seen quite a bit of the National Gallery from behind the scenes, a lot of construction projects, new galleries and other maintenance work, has allowed me to see parts of the Gallery that no members of the public get to see.

Richard Rathwell, submitted a book and CD of his poetry to me a few months ago, having listened to the show, and his work is very interesting. Rather than read his work, he uses a computerised speech programme to automatically read it for him. Definitely something I want to quiz him about in the interview.

No comments: