Tuesday 17 June 2008

Episode 35

Poetry with a Festival theme this week, a great musical spoken word piece from Mort, "I was There in the Sixties, Man", a trippy musical piece from Chameleon Jersey, Glastonbury's Poet in Residence A F Harrold, and a set of great poems from another festival favourite poet, Dennis Just Dennis.

I've tried something a little different this time, a live intro and outro to the show, and also a little preview of what is coming up on the show - it needs a little polishing to make it work, but hopefully it'll make the show a little more appealing from the outset. I have to thank Niall O'Sullivan for this idea, but then I believe he stole it from the Guardian Science Podcast!

Speaking of Festivals, i'll be covering the Glastonbury Festival for my podcast, and will hopefully get an interview with AF Harrold, and Helen Gregory the new organiser for the Poetry Tent.

I'd like to take a moment here to celebrate the life of PVT West, the organiser of the Poetry & Words Tent for as long as I've been going to the festival. Pat had been ill for a while, and passed away at the beginning of June this year, Pat, her family and her friends will be in my thoughts.

No comments: