Sunday 25 January 2009

Apples and Snakes

Episode 74. Interviews with Emma McGordan and Charlie Jordan.

I was asked a few months ago if I'd podcast a group of Apples and Snakes poets as they go from project inception, through poetry residences and on to the tour that would mark the end of the project.

Late last year, episode 49, was an edit of interview with most of those who were involved in the project, and today's episode is the first episode to grow out of that project.

Emma's project seems quite fleshed out and she seems to be well on her way to informing her writing about 'Place', Charlie, who seems to have a firm grip on where she wants to go with her piece has a bit more work to do on forming her residency, and two of the three other poets seem to have made a lot of inroads and have even begun producing work.

I feel a little out of control (more so than normal!) in that I usually meet face to face with my interviews at the Festival Hall, and so am in a controlled environment, my first contact with these poets is over Skype - and I'm relying on them having five or ten minutes to spare, and being in a relatively quiet place when I call - to get some good quality recordings.

The next phase of my involvement in this project is to go out and visit the poets in their places - so even less control!

3 comments:

Ali Raymond said...

Hi man,
keep doing what your doing and keep the podcasts coming..

make sure you keep up to date with more London Liming events at www.ontilt.org and artists events at www.renaissanceone.co.uk.

Melanie Abrahams / Ali Raymond

Ali Raymond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali Raymond said...
This comment has been removed by the author.